that is hasn't been 5 months since the last post? Great.
Here's a quick recap of the top 8 things that you need to know to catch you up on months April-July:
1. Shepherd started walking at the end of May. Oh, and he turned 1 on April 16th (and, yes, I am pretty terrible for not posting a birthday post).
2. Dave got promoted at his job at NCI from a service connector to a lead service connector after only 6 months at his job! Needless to say, I was a proud wife.
3. We celebrated 5 years of marriage on June 25th! Marriage gets sweeter and sweeter with each anniversary.
4. In July, we finished our classes toward becoming licensed foster parents and are expecting to be ready to foster in later October. We are really excited and humbled at this opportunity to care for an orphan.
5. The Lord has been kind to Covenant Community Church (the church plant we are a part of). The church is growing and people are loving God and one another really well. We are blessed to be a part of such a wonderful group of people who know their need for Christ and each other.
6. Dave had his last day of work at Neighborhood Centers on July 28th and he started his first day of work as a high school Geometry teacher on August 11th! (He doesn't actually start teaching until the 23rd). We are SO thankful for this job change!
7. We had a wonderful trip to FL and visit with both our families last week. We even got to steal away from Shepherd and spend 2 days at the beach with just each other. It was so nice! Thanks to my mom and dad for hanging with Shep and for making the whole trip possible!
8. Shepherd is a talking machine these days. He will pretty much repeat anything we say and uses lots of words of his own. Some of my personal favorites are: "yeayow" (yellow); "poople" (purple); "bippo" (hippo); "neeze" (sneeze); "tuttle" (turtle). He also does a pretty mean lion's growl.
I think those are all the big ones. Hopefully, you feel slightly caught up and I will do a better job of updating the blog in the future:)