Friday, January 16, 2009

On my way to work this morning...

It was -1 degree.

Seriously, this was the actual temperature, not the "feels like" temperature.

I had to psyche myself up to go outside.

AND, Dave insisted that I warm up my car for FIVE minutes. It was the longest 5 minutes of my life (okay, it was actually only about 3 minutes... don't tell Dave... but it felt like 10 minutes).

I'm wearing long underwear right now. And, let me tell you, pregnancy plus 2 layers of pants is not my most flattering look. I have a love/hate (but mostly hate) relationship with long underwear. I mean, how are girls supposed to wear them unless we wear super-baggy pants? Right now I am wearing dress pants, and while they are not super-tight, they are also not meant to be worn with anything underneath, so the result is a bunched-up mess of highwater pants.

It's pretty gross. But at least I was warm. I mean, do I have any other option when it's -1 outside AND my husband demands that I warm up the car?

I'm reminding myself of all the reasons why I like it here in Louisville, but it's not quite as easy a task on a morning like this.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I have some amazing tights and they work much better than long underwear... they aren't normal tights but made out of legging material (like soft cotton stuff instead of itchy stretchy suffocating stuff) and yet they are way more conforming under pants.... you should get you some... though I have no clue where since every body has put their spring stuff out... LAME! I can't find my poor hubby a pair of gloves in January, go figure.
try Dillards.
You are a beautiful pregnant woman, by the way!